Do you know how the different elements in your handling affect your dog?
All OneMind Dogs handling techniques include elements of seven key factors to support the dog’s movement on an agility course and make it as easy and effective as possible.
These are the seven key factors to which the dog pays attention when running an agility course:
- The handler’s movement
- Her position in relation to the dog
- Her contact with the dog
- The direction of the handler’s chest (“the laser point”)
- The direction of her feet
- Her hand signals
- Her verbal commands.
In every handling technique we try to get all the elements to support the same thing. The core rule is that the handler should be consistent with the training and never give mixed signals to the dog. Our handlers practice a lot without the dog to learn the technique first by themselves and to save the dogs from confusion. After the handler has learned the technique well enough, we bring the dog along.
Learn more about the seven handling elements:
- Basic Elements Of The OneMind Dogs Methodology
- Introduction to the OneMind Dogs Methodology
- OneMind Dogs Methodology [video]