Jaakko sees agility as a work of art created by humans and dogs together. This can be sensed when you see a handler running a course in perfect harmony with his dog.
Jaakko has been characterized as peaceful, intelligent and visionary. He is a true innovator of the OneMind Dogs methodology. He is constantly analyzing both handlers and dogs, and how dogs reflect our actions.
“It is better to give it your all, than to be safe” describes his way of training and competing. A perfect run requires taking risks. Jaakko doesn’t go with the flow; on the contrary, he seeks to challenge himself and his dog in every course. This can be seen in his personal handling decisions, which often differ from the others. Jaakko has reached the podium stand in several international competitions. No wonder that people follow his activities - and in competitions the audience often falls silent when he performs with his dogs.
As a coach he encourages students to think creatively, questioning their habits and behaviors and not taking anything for granted. Jaakko feels that agility is affected by not only physical actions but also by the handler’s state of mind. According to Jaakko, people are a physical and mental combination and both sides have to be in balance – including in the agility course. When a handler seeks to change a physical action, he first has to change his state of mind. Jaakko believes that every dog has untapped potential, and it is the job of the handler to open his mind and discover that potential. He loves to use metaphors to convey his message to students.
When Jaakko is not thinking about dogs, you can find him having a long conversation with his friends, or fishing. As he never stops analyzing animals, trying to understand the minds of fish gives him a new challenge when he goes fishing with his firends.
More about Jaakko:
Havanese Dog "Bianca" - Zabadou´s Bella Bianca 2000-2012
- The first of the breed to move up to agility class 3 in Finland
- The first of the breed to qualify to Finnish Championships
- The best of the breed every year she was competing
Border Collie "Zen" - Decathlete´s Sirius Black
- Finnish, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Nordic and International Agility Champion
- Finnish, Swedish and Norwegian Jumping Champion
- 6th place EO 2013
- Crufts Int. Competition 1st and 2nd place and 3rd place in Final 2013
- 6th place FCI AWC 2012
- 4th place EO 2012
- 2nd place Finnish Championships 2012
- 1st place EO Team 2010-2011
- 1 st place Nations Cup Team 2010
- The winner of the Finnish national tryouts 2007, 2008 ja 2012, also in the team 2010 & 2014
- Agility Ranking Winner 2009
- FCI AWC jumping winner 2007
- 2nd place Nordic Championships, 1st place Nordic Championships Team 2008
- FCI AWC Team jumping winner 2007
Border Collie "Chi" - Beck’s Hill Golden Eye
- Finnish Agility Champion
- Finnish Jumping Champion
- 3rd place Finnish Championships 2013
- 1st place Regional Championships 2013
- 1 st place Nations Cup Team 2010, 2012
- 2nd place Finnish Championships 2014
Border Collie "Dao" - Glenda
- Competing in agility class 3
Belgian Shepherd, groenendal "Dea" - Faunittaren Dea Aurora
- Finnish Agility Champion
- Finnish and Swedish Show Champion
- 5th place Nordic Championships 2006
- 3rd place Finnish Championships 2005