Q&A: Different Handling Ideas

We received a question from Canada concerning different handling options for one sequence in a competition course.

Comments

Cornelia Kluck or Connie2 years ago

Brilliant, guys! I learnt so much from this!

Phil Seyer & Magic Momo3 years ago

Thanks for posting the video. It gives me much food for thought. But I am confused. Sometimes the dogs take #1 from front side and sometimes, from the backside. Sometimes a dog goes to the right side of the tunnel and sometimes to the left. It would be helpful in the video if each technique was named.

Phil Seyer & Magic Momo3 years ago

I'm confused when the diagram doesn't match the course in the video. When you are talking about various obstacles I don't which obstacles to look at. I know there were extra obstacles added, but that doesn't help me understand the comments about when the blind cross was used and so on.

Jenni Leino3 years ago

Thanks for your feedback Phil. This video was filmed as a reply to a member's question about a sequence on a course earlier. The obstacles 2-5 are the ones Claire was concerned with, and these obstacles are close to the camera on the video. We will try to describe the handling techniques better on the future videos :)

Monica Lord3 years ago

Are jumps 2 and 4 on the wrong sides on the course map?

Jenni Leino3 years ago

Hi Monica! No, the numbers are correct on the map. On the video there are some extra obstacles, since we used this sequence as a part of a training course. The obstacles 2-5 are the ones Claire was concerned with, and these obstacles are close to the camera on the video :-)

Monica Lord3 years ago

Thanks Jenni!

Niki Drage5 years ago

This is great, I'll definitely be coming to you guys next time there's a part of a course that I can't figure out how to handle!!

Jenni Leino5 years ago

@Ellen Erickson That's called a Reverse Spin.

Ellen Erickson5 years ago

Thank you! Will try. What is the move at 0.14 called?

Claire5 years ago

I can't wait to find out which one my dog likes best :-) !

Claire5 years ago

Wow !!! thanks a lot for all your good work ! I will go try all this next sunday. Claire