When you are an advanced agility competitor, it’s important that you still keep your training versatile and continue pushing your boundaries. If you train alone and always plan your own training courses, you might end up only running courses that are in your team’s comfort zone.
As a OneMind Dogs premium member you will have access to a wide variety of exercises that will push you out of your comfort zone:
- Technique training: After learning an individual technique with the help of the handling technique video, challenge your understanding on courses that combine the technique several times in a sequence.
- Technique quizzes: After learning new techniques, see if you can figure out where to apply them on a course to suit your team.
- Sequence training: OneMind Dogs Coaches all over the world are planning exercises that help you test your skills and find the best handling solutions for you and your dog.
- Course training: Ready to test your training? Plan your handling on a full competition style course, then run your dog and see what went to plan and what you need to work on.
- Next Level: See students being coached in real seminars and learn by watching! Next Level seminars feature a variety of techniques and skills so you learn something new every time.
- Hu’s blog: Follow all the training of Mari’s Kelpie Hu, from her first arrival as a pup to advanced technique and obstacle training as an adult.
- Training Challenges: Push your team by completing training challenges that help you think outside the square. Watch and share videos from other pack members for inspiration!
Our discussion forum is filled with training ideas by other OMD pack members. Recent discussions that really got the pack members talking include:
- Course setups (get ideas for what to train next!)
- Ask the Coach!
- German Turn vs Backside Front Cross
- Short sequences using a particular technique
- Agility handlers with physical restrictions & injuries
There are new discussions raised regularly and you can participate in active discussions, or start your own! Do you have a question or something you want to confirm? A course that has you stumped for handling ideas? An inspirational video to share? We would love to see you in the forum! Simply Sign Up (it’s free!) and Join the discussion forum!